· Reflex muscle contractions
· Indirect effects of treatment with Baclofen include improved sleep patterns, improvement in bladder and sphincter function and helps in the prevention and healing of decubitus ulcers
· Spasticity resulting from multiple sclerosis
· Spinal cord injuries and other spinal cord diseases
· Muscle spasm of cerebral origin especially infantile cerebral palsy
· Cerebrovascular accidents or neoplastic or degenerative brain disease
· Tension-type headache
Dosage & Administration:
BALO-10 (Baclofen) should be taken during meals with a little liquid.
Start therapy at low dosage and increase gradually until optimum effect is achieved (usually between 30 - 80mg daily).
The following dosage titration schedule is suggested:
5 mg three times a day for 3 days
10 mg three times a day for 3 days
15 mg three times a day for 3 days
20 mg three times a day for 3 days
Thereafter additional increases may be necessary, but the total daily dose should usually not exceed a maximum of 80 mg, although in hospitalized patients daily doses of 100 - 120 mg may occasionally be necessary.
Treatment should be started at a very low dose e.g. 0.3 mg/kg per day in divided doses. The dosage should be raised cautiously at 1-2 week intervals until it is sufficient for the child's individual needs. The usual dosage range for maintenance therapy is 0.75 to 2 mg/kg body weight per day. In children aged over 10 years, a maximum daily dose of 2.5mg/kg body weight may be given.
BALO-10: Each film-coated tablet contains Baclofen BP 10 mg.